Although there are exceptions it is generally better to use marry with an object i.e., marry somebody. For example:
▪ He married his college sweetheart.
▪ I want to marry a doctor or a lawyer
▪ I asked her to marry me.
▪ “Will you marry me?”
When there is no object, then use get married. For example:
▪ We got married on a beach in Thailand.
▪ I never want to get married.
▪ My parents got married because my mum was pregnant.
▪ We got married 30 years ago today.
Here are some exceptions:
He hopes to marry soon. // She married young. // They married for love, not money.
But if you stick to the above guideline you won’t go far wrong and you will sound more like a native speaker.